Register boat in Cook Islands
Yacht Registration under the Cook Islands Flag
The Cook Islands Ship Registry registers Private and Commercial Yachts and is modelled on the British system, with the benefit of nominated jurisdiction for mortgage purposes etc.
Cook Islands Ship Registry is available for private and commercial yachts from 20 metres to unlimited size, the registry operates differently to others, in that a company or representative on the island is not mandatory, this function being performed by membership of a wholly owned yacht club ( Cook Islands Yacht Squadron ). Also, it is not compulsory for yachts to be in class with a classification society, providing they are well constructed and maintained.
Advantages of registering your vessel in the Cook Islands
- Cook Islands private yachts are permitted to stay in EU waters for up to 18 months under the temporary importation (TI) scheme, then they must exit for at least one day, then they can return.
- Vessels can be registered for one, three, or five years.
- For pleasure yachts under 24 metres, no separate survey is required, the owner completes the safety survey and equipment list himself.
- Provisional registration lasts for 3 months and is very fast, usually three days. Everything is done by e-mail.
- No company is required in the Cook Islands, you just join the CIYS yacht club (100% owned by the registry) and that allows you to register as many boats as you own. Joining the yacht club is two ticks on the application form and the membership lasts the same time as the registration.
- Can be owned by an individual, several people, or a company registered anywhere.
- Cook Islands registered Commercial Yachts do not need to leave EU waters providing they register with a charter agent and operate within local rules.
Cost to register a yacht under 24 meters
Cost: $3,300 USD which includes Cook Islands fees. Fees include a Radio Licence, International Call Sign and MMSI number, all of which last the same time as the registration. We give free advice and support during the whole period of registration.
Cost to register a yacht over 24 meters
For yachts over 24 metres, the fee would be $4,800 USD which includes Cook Islands fees. A simple survey is required, which the owners can obtain locally, or we can quote if necessary.
For COMMERCIAL YACHTS:
Cook Islands registered Commercial Yachts do not need to leave EU waters providing they register with a charter agent and operate within local rules. Same package and advantages as Pleasure Yachts, except the yachts would need to comply with the Safety Code for the Cook Islands and be inspected by ourselves or a nominated local surveyor.
Cook Islands Yacht Registration or register in Poland (see bottom of page)
We can register your boat in Cook Islands or in 20 other flag registration jurisdictions. As the largest flag registration company we have a lot of experience in the registration of yachts in Cook Islands.
When registering your boat it is important to first discuss with a boat registration specialist the best place to do this. This choice will depend on a number of factors including; type of use (private, bare boat or commercial), size and tonnage of your boat, private or corporate owned and even if the VSAT has been paid (if in Europe).
Start by contacting us and give us a short explanation of your personal circumstances. We can then advise you on where to register your boat. Your nationality does NOT matter as there are many “open” register countries that will accept boat owners from any country!
One recommendation is: register your boat in Poland from € 420,- and it is valid for life (no renewal cost) Do you need a European Union flag registration that is valid around the world and is available to all nationalities? We can provide you with a Polish (EU) flag registration. This registration is valid for the lifetime of the boat and therefore you will not need to renew your paperwork. The Polish Registration is an actual vessel flag registration and is valid around the world with no limitations.
The whole process is very simple, as you do not need a yacht survey and we can arrange a fully valid provisional registration in 2 days. The cost is from €420,- this is all-inclusive and a one-time fee with no renewal fee.
You can read all details here: https://www.polish-yacht-registration.com/
|Poland||United Kingdom||Langkawi||San Marino|
|How fast can it be done?||24 hours||3 Days||5 Days||2 Days|
|Available for all nationalities||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Validation Period||For life||5 years||For life||5 years|
|Suitable for commercial yachts||no / yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Price from||420 EUR||549 GBP||950 USD||525 EUR|
|See Details||See Details||See Details||See Details|